June 28, 2017
Your teeth are designed to last a lifetime. If your restorative dentist in Midwest City has recently suggested that you have one removed, you might be caught a bit off-guard. Although Dr. Steven Kendrick only recommends extractions as a last resort, there are times when it may be in your best interest. Dr. Kendrick may advise you to have one taken out if it has suffered significant damage or decay and can no longer be treated with a filling or dental crown. In some cases, you may need to have one removed prior to other treatments, like dental implants or braces. No matter the reason behind the need for the extraction, you have nothing to worry about when choosing Midwest Dental Center.
February 18, 2016
A dental filling is an essential component to restorative dentistry. When a tooth has become damaged, such as by decay, it’s no longer able to hold its normal function. Not to mention, if left untreated, the damage can progress to the eventual loss of a tooth. A dental filling helps correct the area of damage to save the tooth while promoting the tooth’s function. As a reputable dentist, we proudly offer a dental filling in Midwest City OK to help repair the damage while preserving your tooth.
October 29, 2015
If your smile has been damaged by age, neglect or an accident, there’s one thing for sure — you owe it to yourself to get it fixed. But you don’t want to spend all your time in the dental chair, or having to take lots of time off work to complete a lengthy procedure. At Midwest Dental Center, we don’t want that for you, either. That’s why we’re proud to offer our neighbors in Midwest City CEREC one day crowns — for a new, improved smile in just one visit to Dr. Steven Kendrick!
June 30, 2015
Repairing your tooth can be an excruciating experience, but it doesn’t have to become one. Anyone who has spent time sitting in a dental operating chair has probably encountered the same situation: there’s a tooth that has a big cavity or has broken. After examining the tooth, a dentist tells you it has to be repaired. Should a large filling in the tooth or dental crown be placed? The experts at Midwest Dental Center in Midwest City, OK offer restorative dentistry options, including CEREC same-day crowns, that will help restore your mouth to its natural state.
What Is A Dental Crown and Filling?
Before we get into which procedure would fit your situation best, it’s important to understand the differences between the two.
Fillings are dental restorations that sit within the walls of a tooth. A filling will simply fill in a missing portion of a tooth to restore it back to its original shape. The size and shape of the hole that must be filled in will determine the success of the filling. Good example: if a large amount of tooth damage has occurred, it’s easy to understand how the walls of the tooth that will hold the filling in place may be thin and weak. The larger the hole, the less strength the tooth will have.
Whereas a filling sits within the confines of a tooth, a dental crown cups over it. Also, a dental crown is made in a dental laboratory and customized to fit the exact specifications of your mouth. The materials used to create crowns are much stronger and less likely to break than those used to make dental fillings.
Our Restorative Dentistry Services
You can count on Dr. Kendrick and his staff to bring your smile back to its absolute best. Don’t leave a harmed smile untreated – it can compromise your overall oral health. Midwest Dental Center can rejuvenate your look! Our restorative dentistry team is ready to repair your teeth because everyone deserves a healthy mouth.
Our services include:
- Dental implants
- CEREC one-visit crowns
- Tooth fillings
- Crown and bridge therapy
- Root canals
Our team will take swift action to correct anything that is wrong. You can trust Dr. Kendrick to work as hard and diligently as possible to get your mouth the care it deserves.
Schedule an Appointment
Our office in Midwest City, OK is ready to help! Call and schedule an appointment today so we can get to work as soon as possible. We proudly serve the surrounding communities of Oklahoma City, Del City, Choctaw, Spencer and beyond.
Restore Your Smile with Natural Looking Tooth Colored Fillings from Dr. Kendrick in Midwest City, OK
February 17, 2015
How much metal is in your mouth? Dental fillings are necessary to repair cracked, broken, worn down, or decayed teeth. In the past, to treat a damaged tooth or cavity, dentists would remove the decayed area of your tooth and then use amalgam (silver) dental filling to restore the remaining portion. Today however, modern dentists like Dr. Kendrick, utilize healthier and more natural-looking metal-free tooth colored fillings to restore damaged or decaying teeth. If you still have a mouthful of metal, it’s time to upgrade your dental restorations. Make a restorative dentistry appointment with Dr. Kendrick for your new tooth colored fillings today. Midwest Dental Center delivers quality care daily throughout Midwest City, OK, Del City, Oklahoma City, Choctaw, and the surrounding communities.
What Are Tooth Colored Fillings?
A tooth colored filling is made of naturally colored composite plastic and glass. Tooth colored fillings are placed in layers and are instantly cemented with special curing lights, and then gently polished to prevent staining and wear.
Why Are Tooth Colored Fillings Becoming So Popular?
Tooth colored fillings are becoming the preferred restorative material of both dentists and patients for several reasons, including:
- Esthetics: Metal or silver fillings stand out from your natural tooth enamel and can cause cosmetic concerns.
- Less Invasive: Metal fillings require the destruction of more of your natural tooth structure, where as tooth colored fillings leave more of your healthy tooth structure in place.
- Discoloration: Metal fillings can turn your remaining tooth structure grey.
- Fracturing: Metal dental fillings expand and contract more than tooth colored composite material which leads to a higher incidence of cracks and fractures over time.
- Long Term Health: In addition to patients who experience allergic reactions to metals, recent studies have raised health concerns over the long term effects of amalgam material in patients. Dental amalgam is made up of about 50% mercury, a known toxin. Prolonged mercury exposure has been associated with brain and central nervous system diseases and other serious medical conditions.
For over 150 years dentists relied upon dental amalgam exclusively. They believed metal restorations created “stronger teeth.” However, metal actually contributes to further tooth damage by allowing additional decay and fracturing to occur. Tooth colored fillings have the ability to closely mimic your natural teeth in both form and function. They also bond with your natural tooth material to support the remaining structure and prevent breakage and structural changes. Replace your old metal fillings to improve and protect your dental and overall health today. Make an appointment with Dr. Kendrick for new tooth colored fillings. Midwest Dental Center is the leading restorative dentistry of Midwest City, OK, Del City, Oklahoma City, Choctaw, and the neighboring communities.
January 17, 2015
Do you need a smile overhaul? When it comes to dental care, nobody’s perfect. Despite our best intentions, sometimes dental decay and gum disease can damage our healthy teeth and gums. That’s why Dr. Kendrick offers preventative and restorative dental care. Restorative dentistry gives us a “second chance” to take care of our natural teeth and preserve our smiles. Midwest Dental Center offers a comprehensive selection of restorative treatments to get you smiling again. Make your restorative dentistry appointment with Dr. Kendrick today to renew the natural beauty and function of your teeth. Midwest Dental Center is trusted by families throughout Midwest City, OK, Del City, Oklahoma City, Choctaw, and the surrounding communities.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry describes any procedure or treatment to repair broken, infected, or otherwise damaged teeth, gums, and tissue.
What Are Your Restorative Dentistry Options?
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are fast becoming the preferred choice for patients with missing teeth. Implants are permanently placed in the jaw to prevent painful and embarrassing shifting of tooth restorations.
- CEREC One-visit Crowns: CEREC crowns can be designed, fabricated, and permanently placed in just one short visit thanks to new digital technologies.
- Fillings: Metal or tooth-colored dental fillings can restore teeth that have been damaged by cavities or dental injury.
- Crown and Bridge Therapy: When one of your teeth becomes severely damaged or decayed, a dental crown can act as a protective cover, strengthening the tooth for normal functioning and preventing further deterioration. For multiple missing teeth, dental bridges can literally “bridge the gap” over your remaining teeth.
- Root Canals: Infected and inflamed tissue in the tooth pulp (inner tooth) can cause severe pain and discomfort, eventually leading to tooth extraction. Root canal therapy can safely and effectively remove infected tissues and restore the tooth to normal functioning.
Remember it’s never too late to transform your smile with quality restorative dental treatment. Make an appointment with Dr. Kendrick for the restorative dental care you need today. Midwest Dental Center provides comprehensive restorative dentistry services to patients of all ages throughout Midwest City, OK, Del City, Oklahoma City, Choctaw, and nearby areas.